Friday, April 18, 2008

Movie Tag

I was tagged by Laura and I am a little embarrassed to do this post. I have weird taste in movies, just ask Branden. So hopefully I won't humiliate myself by listing some of my favs.

Favorite movies you have to be in the mood for in order to enjoy:
1. Dirty Dancing. It is pretty cheesy and the dialogue is not the greatest, but you gotta love it... sometimes.
2.The Notebook. My junior year of college, my best friend and I saw this movie at the dollar theater at midnight... three nights in a row. We wore our PJs and actually fell asleep a little the third night, but we loved it. (We did the same thing with Charly our Freshman year.) 


Favorite movies that make you laugh out loud no matter how many times you have watched them:
1. Arrested Development. Ok, this is actually a DVD of the TV series, but they are a favorite for sure. I am laughing out loud just thinking about chickens. Cha che cha che cha... (please someone understand this)
2. Grumpier Old Men. I think I have a crush on Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. :)


Your Favorite Guilty Pleasures:
1. Chicago. I recognize that this is not a very "appropriate" movie but I have been fascinated by it ever since I saw it in the Latin Quarter in Paris. Maybe it just brings back great memories.
2. American Outlaws. This is a guilty pleasure because Branden has made me ashamed for liking (loving) this show. I have actually been given or bought this movie three times because I lose it and then have to have it again. 


Favorite movies you have seen so many times, you can recite all the lines:
1. Never Been Kissed!!! This was an all time favorite in high school. I still recite it randomly for Branden. Whenever I just start spouting random nonsense he assumes it is from this movie. (Yikes....Bikes!)
2. The Princess Bride. "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!" I say this to Branden at least twice a month and for some reason he can never remember what movie it is from. Someday he will catch on. 


Movies that opened your eyes:
1. Hotel Rwanda. This one made me sick to my stomach and very uncomfortable, but sometimes I think we need that.
2. The Last King of Scotland (edited, don't worry). For some reason this movie made me think of Hitler. Forest Whitaker did such a good job of showing how dictators can be both charismatic and cruel. 


Most Overrated:
1. The Godfather movies.  Branden will absolutely kill me for this (or maybe just put a horse head in my bed), but I just do not get why he is so obsessed with these.
2. Harry Potter movies. Yuck. I love the book and hate the movies with a passion!


What were the last 2 movies you watched:
1. Dan in Real Life
2. Vantage Point (not a fan)


Favorite smart movies: (Is there even such a thing? If you are looking for a smart movie, I have a suggestion. Read a book.)
1. Baby Einsteins :)
2. Juno.  You may disagree, but I think this movie is so clever. Especially the dialogue.


Your spouse's favorites:
1. Godfather movies (obviously)
2. Legends of the Fall. You may notice that these movies are all rated R...


Your all time favorites:
1. "What's Up Doc?" I also could have used this movie for laughing out loud and reciting the lines, (What kind of wine are you serving at table one?) hilarious.
2. Silverado. This one is my dad's fault. I grew up on this show. I remember being so excited to share this movie with Branden. He was not impressed. 

I tag Chelsea, Dixie and McKay, Annalisa, Melinda and Branden (I hope you will not all be bored of our blog if my husband does this tag too. I think he has interesting taste in movies.)

11 comments:

Melinda said...

I love What's Up Doc? ! Such a funny show! I will do this tag but you better do the high school tag on my blog! I would be interested in your answers and Branden's to that tag!!

Branden said...

very nice post, I agree with all of your choices except for one thing...calling The Godfather "overrated" is probably the most blasphemous thing i've ever heard. Love you either way though.

Christiansen's said...

This tag made me love you even more. You are so funny! I could picture you saying these lines outloud and it made me laugh. Good post!

Melinda said...

Robbie and I are Arrested Development fans too. We love the chickens and whenever buster enters a room he says... "Hey Brother!" It is my favorite, in fact we watched it last night! So fun!

Dibble's said...

Best line of the post, "If you are looking for a smart movie, read a book." I laughed out loud.

RaCHeL said...

What a fun post! I love Never Been Kissed! I think we watched it together a few times too. :)

Ross Co. said...

Amazing! I could actually say word for word what you did about Silverado, substituting Chris' name for Branden of course!Love it!

E Winzeler said...

Wow, I'm impressed you are very well rounded! I haven't seen any of those movies except Dirty Dancing. Impressive!

Anika said...

Kristi... What's up Doc? is one of my all time favorite movies too! Hahaha! LOVE IT! Email me your email address so I can invite you to my blog! anika@unibase.us

Love, Anika!

Christiansen's said...

Will you please let your husband know that Celine Dion Live in Las Vegas is not a video clip. It is an actual "Movie" of her show in Vegas. A clip usually is l ike 3 to 5 minutes. This is 1 1/2 hours long. lol :) GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME BRANDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P)

annalisa said...

Wow that took me all day! But it was fun to do. I added Arrested Development too. I mean it's the only thing I actually laugh at even though I have seen it over and over and over again.