The game was amazing. The Jazz played great and it was a very unique experience to be so close to the action. The players are so big and fast, they made the court seem very small. We were so close that we could not only hear what the players were saying to each other during the game but we could also interact with the players. At one point, during the game, C.J. Miles of the Jazz was walking towards our side of the floor and I said "Good job C.J., keep it up". He then looked at me and responded by saying "I'm not hitting my shots man". I was stunned that he actually heard me and responded so I then said back to him, "Don't worry bud, just keep shooting the ball". C.J. then went on to score the next 4 points for the Jazz and I like to think that it was my encouraging pep talk that made the difference. Here are some great pics from the game.
Here's a good pic that shows our wonderful seats.

Here's C.J. Miles before our little talk.



Here's a good pic that shows our wonderful seats.
Here's C.J. Miles before our little talk.
The great Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer.
Kristi had the camera for most of the night and for some reason there were a lot of pictures of Kyle Korver on our camera. Should I be worried?...I mean he is a better shooter than me.
Like I said before, the game was great but probably the highlight of the night was being able to see the special guest that attended the game. If you've looked at Kristi's previous blog then you already know that President Thomas S. Monson is a big Jazz fan and that he was in attendance at the game. When the game concluded it was amazing to see how many people stuck around just to see him and how everyone tried to get close to him to shake his hand. He was very nice and funny as he shook everyone's hand and struck up conversations with anyone and everyone. At one point, Carlos Boozer had to walk through everyone to do a postgame interview and nobody really cared that Boozer was walking by them, they were too consumed with trying to see the Prophet. Here is how close we got to him.

Kristi got to shake his hand, which was great because "shaking a prophet's hand" was on her list of Things To Do and I got to mark "chat with an NBA player during a game" off my list. Chelsea didn't exactly get to shake his hand but she did manage to rub his hand while he rested it on some woman's shoulder. All in all it was a great night. Thanks again Uncle Pat and Aunt Jen for the tickets and thanks Kipp and Chelsea for coming to the game with us.
Kristi got to shake his hand, which was great because "shaking a prophet's hand" was on her list of Things To Do and I got to mark "chat with an NBA player during a game" off my list. Chelsea didn't exactly get to shake his hand but she did manage to rub his hand while he rested it on some woman's shoulder. All in all it was a great night. Thanks again Uncle Pat and Aunt Jen for the tickets and thanks Kipp and Chelsea for coming to the game with us.
9 comments:
How fun! Jason would be so jealous! Oh, hey...it's Erin I thought I'd comment instead of justing reading aimlessly without you knowing :)!! Thank you both again for subing in Primary, you were darling with the kids and so patient. We appreciate it so much! Your family is darling. It was fun to finally get a chance to really chat with you guys on Sunday! Have a wonderful day! Thanks again!
What a fun experience. I personally think we were more lucky though being able to watch Marina. You guys got some good pictures.
Hey Branden and Kristi
Wow how lucky you guys are to go to the Jazz game and have such great seats. Also being able to see the prophet, that's awesome!
Anyway, we just set our blog as private, if you would like me to sent you an invite just email me your email address use to log into blogger at soccer2012@hotmail.com. Thanks.
-Sara Kemper
Mark is going to be so jealous. He goes to a lot of games thanks to his dad but not that close! How fun!!
I loe having experiences like that. It's kinda fun to see the Prophet as a "regular man" and know that he does things that you and I do.
How fun! We are really jealous! Did you also get to hear Jerry Sloan's potty mouth? Every time we watch a jazz game you can totally read his lips and he is basically using words that begin with F. Kristi I about died laughing with your April fools trick. Too funny!
Holy cow! Way cool! Its all about who you know isn't it? I love all those pictures!!
-Dixie
That totally beats our Donny Osmond experience at Linkin Park. Even when you throw in meeting Coheed earlier in the day, it still doesn't touch this experience!
McKay
Go Jazz! What a fun experience for you guys---we have not been that close to the action! We usually sit on the 15th row---but my parents were at that game and rubbed it in that they got to see the Prophet too! And I totally understand Kristi and the Korver pics..----John doesn't let me hold the camera at the game for that reason!! Take care you guys---and your little girl is such a doll!
Post a Comment