Favorite movies you have to be in the mood for in order to enjoy:

1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I'm not saying I don't like these movies because I do, it's just that I have to commit myself to the full 9 hours rather than watch each one individually. I just don't have that kind of time.
2. A River Runs Through It. I'm not saying I don't love this movie because I do, it just can be a little slow moving so I have to be in a certain mood to sit through it.
Favorite movies that make you laugh out loud no matter how many times you have watched them:

1. Top Secret. This is a classic and it's also one of the first movies that Val Kilmer appeared in and in my opinion, it's his finest film.
2. Anchorman. What can I say, Will Ferrell cracks me up everytime. I pretty much laugh at whatever movie he's in.
Your Favorite Guilty Pleasures:

1. Seven
2. Silence of the Lambs. I guess these two can be considered "guilty pleasures" since they deal with some pretty gruesome human behavior. I love movies like these that try and get into the criminal mindset and explain why some people do what they do.
Favorite movies you have seen so many times, you can recite all the lines:

1. Tombstone. My favorite "western" movie and another great Val Kilmer performance with some classic lines. "I'm your huckleberry"
2. Dumb and Dumber. What can I say, this movie is a classic with some great lines. "Yes, what's the soup du jour?" "It's the soup of the day." "Ummm, that sounds good, I think i'll have that."
Movies that opened your eyes:

1. American History X. Probably one of the most powerful films that I have ever seen. If I were a High School teacher or College professor, this would be a required film to watch to show kids how your life and the lives of others, can be destroyed by harvesting hate in your heart. It's a pretty graffic movie but powerful nonetheless.
2. Schindler's List. We've all read about the holocaust in our History books but this movie, with its great symbolism and imagery, helps to crystalize those events in your mind. This is Spielbergs' greatest work.
Most Overrated:

1. Pirates of the Caribbean . All three of them are overrated in my book. The first one was ok but the last two suck and I didn't understand all the hype about how great these movies are because they're not that great.
2. Lost in Translation. I usually love anything that Bill Murray is in but I could not get into this movie. It was "critically acclaimed" but I couldn't understand why.
What were the last 2 movies you watched:
1. Juno. Just bought this film and it has become one of mine and Kristi's favorites. Great film, very well written.
2. Dan in Real Life.
Favorite smart movies:
1. 12 Monkeys. The first time I saw this movie was in 8th grade and when I finished it my initial reaction was "What the..." and I had to rewind it and watch it over again to catch everything. I consider movies smart if you're kept guessing the entire show and by the end of it you want to watch it again to see what you could've missed, and also to catch any hidden meaning in the show.
2. The Usual Suspects. Kristi will mock this choice because she claims that she had it figured out right from the beginning...she's so smart. I really enjoyed this show and the great writing that kept me guessing until the very end. The Prestige , the first Matrix, Fight Club and Memento were close to making this list.
Your spouse's favorites:

1. What's Up Doc? This really is her all-time favorite movie and I scored bed points by remembering this and giving it to her for Christmas without her even asking.
2. A Knight's Tale. I know she put Silverado as her other favorite but this is also another favorite. She loved Heath Ledger, he was on her list and she cried when he pre-maturely left us from this world. Just kidding, she didn't cry but we were both bummed about his passing.
Your all time favorites:

1. The Godfather. Of course, isn't this the greatest movie/trilogy ever? I love all three of them. Yes I even love the third one because it shows how Michael Corleone/Al Pacino, badly wants to do good and make his family legitimate but "just when he thinks he's out, they pull him back in". I really like all movies that deal with the Mafia. When I was younger, my brother and I would say that we wanted to be in the Mob and Mafia when we grew up.
2. A Few Good Men. Kristi knows me well and Legends of the Fall really is my other favorite but I wanted to put another one of my favorites on this list. This movie is a classic story with great acting by Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson and I could watch this movie no matter how many times i've seen it. "You want answers?" "I want the truth!" "You can't handle the truth!"
I tag whoever wants to do this but I am a little curious to see the answers from Kipp, Christian and Aaron W.
8 comments:
You were right honey, here comes the mocking. The Usual Suspects?! So obvious. I don't mean to ruin this for everyone, but seriously, it is always the guy with the limp.
Top Secret is a classic!! "I know a little German, he is standing right over there"
I am disapointed in you- Pirates 1 is a classic! Hey Kristi, my cousin is starting this business making tutus and I thought you or your friends might think they were cute for your little girls. http://www.cutesyclips.blogspot.com
Look at it at least cuz the pictures are cute :)
You have great taste in movies, but... the first pirates was great admit it. Johnny Depp does an awesome job, even if 2 and 3 dampen the magic. Oh, and I thought I was supposed to list 6 movies! I thought my post was incredibly long and now I'm wondering if I should go back and chop.
Your posts are always fun to read. Thanks for making fun of Celine Dion :) I didn't know any of those movies but Pirates and Juno.
OK I fixed my list. Some I would have put in other categories instead of delete (like Schindler's List is more eye-opening than the Pianist), but they were already there. Oh well. I played by the rules though :).
Oh and I've got to rewatch the Godfather movies. It's been so many years.
After reading yours and Kristi's lists, I wish I would've put more time into mine. I kinda wrote the first things that came to mind...why do guys always like the serial killer movies? I watched SEVEN on tv for a few minutes but I had to keep closing my eyes.
Yo, it's Ky. Dude, great blog on the flicks. My favorite column was underrated= we really liked Juno and loved Dan (prob one of the best I've seen in a long while).
I loved Fenway. Unbelievable. Dude, I'm not a Red Sox fan (I'm still a die hard Braves guy), but the place was electric and had a feeling/energy unlike anywhere else that I've been. I don't care who you root for, it is a MUST.
Marina is sure cute and getting so big. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment