We did it! Saturday Branden and I completed the Burley Spudman. This Olympic-distance triathlon sounded like a great idea when we signed up in January (incase you are wondering, Olympic distance means that you swim a mile, bike 25 and run 6.2). Reality hit about four weeks ago when we FINALLY started our training schedule. We did a lot of swimming, biking and running in the last few weeks. Thanks to all that work, we both finished! That was really our main goal. I also hoped to finish in less than three hours (I did! 2:48) and to beat Branden (I did that too! He was 2:50). The real winner was my mom, who took third place in her age division. Way to go mom, you are my hero! Below: Branden, me, my awesome mom, my aunt Karen and my uncle Steve.
Next year Branden and I plan (hopefully) to start training a little earlier and improve our times. We are shooting for 2:30... we'll see...
14 comments:
Yeah for the triathalon racers! You guys rock! You give me such inspiration.
Yes, i'll admit that Kristi did beat me but that's only because she is a faster swimmer than me (i suck at swimming) and her transition times were better than mine. Either way, congrats hun on beating my trash and I will win next year.
Way to go you guys! What a fun thing to do together!
I am in awe...just the thought of all that makes me tired ;)
Hooray! Congrats you guys! What an accomplishment!
You guys are amazing, I serioulsy would have had a heart attache after 5 minutes of swimming. We are glad Branden that you didn't drown also. Congrats!
good work! it seems that our days of power lifting at the treehouse in the morning before school are paying off!
All the training isn't so fun, but the race always is. And fun for you to go with your mom and aunt and uncle. Your mom is my running idol, especially now that I'm starting over and running so slow. That looks like a fun triathlon to do. And now will all the trash talking, Branden is going to kick some trash next year.
Wow! Totally impressive! Good for you guys...I remember when Jay used to do the spudman (back in his prime :))it was difficult enough for me to wake up that early to cheer him on...and then I'd yell at him for not doing it faster because I was so flippin hungry and wanted breakfast. Supportive eh? Good job, what a memory. You are a good woman Kristi!
Way to go you guys! You guys are awesome!
wow, you guys are hard core. you just inspired me and mary to do one, after she has the baby in dec. congrats!
sweet. Wow.. that looks seet. I heard someone drowned in that race?
Branden, even though Kristi beat you I'm proud of both of you guys for competing in that event. You ALWAYS look forward to next year and want to improve. Im sure you both will do much better next year!
Way to go stud! I'll join you guys next year!
Post a Comment