Our beautiful baby girl was blessed last Sunday, January 6th (her two month birthday!). Branden did a wonderful job with the blessing. He was very nervous the night before because of the mishap that happened last time he spoke in church. I won't mention what he said- it is probably best to keep our blog "clean"- but he was speaking on the Resurrection. . . (think of words that rhyme). . . Anyway, it was a wonderful experience to hear my husband use the priesthood to bless our little girl. I am so glad that he is righteous and worthy to do these kinds of things for our family. I am a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful husband.
After the blessing we enjoyed cramming all of our family into our small house for brunch. Thanks to everyone who attended or helped out. We love you all, and we especially love our tiny angel. We are so blessed to have an eternal family thanks to the blessings of the temple and our Savior Jesus Christ.

The pic on the right is me in the same blessing dress. I was clearly not as happy a baby as Marina. I am pouting in all of my blessing pictures. (Also, as you can see from this scanned image from my old scrapbook, a crafting-challenged twelve year old should not be allowed to make her own scrapbook!)
Speaking of blessings, Marina is now sleeping through the night. She slept nine and a half hours last night without waking up to eat!
12 comments:
I love that Marina wore your blessing dress! It is beautiful and you BOTH looked cute in it. So glad to hear you are getting a full nights sleep!
That is so neat that your daughter got to wear your blessing dress! She is so beautiful.
P.S. I forgot to add, the pictures you took of Marina in the tutu are ADORABLE! how fun!
That is so special that Marina wore your blessing dress. She is such a little cutie!
She is so darling! I love that blessing dress. You mom and grandma look so young!! You have great genes. :)
Congrats on the sleeping through the night!!
Kristi!
It was so good to hear from you! What a gorgeous baby girl you have! Asher is all I could ever dream of, but I look forward to having a little girl one day so that I can doll her up with bows. :) I'll have to put a link to your blog on our page so we can keep in touch! Hope all is well,
Bekah
She is an absolutely gorgeous baby! You guys are such a blessed family! (and I have to agree with you about the 12 year old scrapbooking thing... It should not be allowed- mine are the same way!)
Hey Branden and Kristi,
We are so sorry that we missed the blessing. I heard that it was wonderful. Marina looks absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the dress. I think every time I see her she gets prettier and prettier.
Love Tiffini, Daren and crew
Hey Kristi,
It's Jess Pearson (Bytendorp). I found your blog from Mandy's. Your baby is so adorable. I knew you were pregnant, but for some reason I thought you weren't due for awhile. Oops! Well, at least I can be a little better informed this way! My blog is http://derekandjess.blogspot.com
Hope things are going well!
First things first-- pretty please could you scan some more of your scrapbook pages to post??? Marina is absolutely beautiful and darling and all that, but honestly, the best part of your entire blog thus far is the "pretty pink teddy." Oh I am very happy about that. More please. :)
(Okay, I guess the pictures of your baby are the best part of your blog, but I still would be incredibly happy if you gave me a few more scrapbook pages).
Kristi!
Your blogg is so cute! I love that is makes it so easy to keep in touch with people again! Your baby is beautiful! I would love to see you and your little baby as well! We should all organize a girls night!
Lindsay
I love to see the little ones in their blessing clothes. There is something about holding them in white and listening to your sweatheart give them a blessing. Deffinately a sweet moment. Hope you got the words written down to put in a scrapbook for her. I'm sure Branden did a great job! Darling pictures. Ainslie
Post a Comment