Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Guessing Game

I am now officially "full term" but I still feel like the end is NOT in sight. Branden and I have started a game of guessing when the baby will come. My guesses are: October 25th, 26th or November 2nd. Branden's guesses are: October 23rd, 31st or November 3rd. Clearly these guesses were made before the doctor predicted that I would go past my due date. However, I now think that he was just saying that so that I wouldn't be too anxious. (This may be true or it may just be my own form of denial.)

Anyway, we wanted to get our friends and family in on this little game. You can enter by posting a comment and recording your guess of birth date and weight for our little girl. Whoever is closest will win a fabulous prize, which we are still deciding on. If two people have guessed the correct date, whoever is closest on the weight will win. Prize possibilities include: naming rights (jk!), godmother or godfather status, or probably just an old fashioned gift certificate. Good luck!


P.S. Anyone who guesses a date that is way passed my due date or an exceedingly high weight should know that I will not find that amusing AT ALL.

22 comments:

Melinda said...

October 29th - 7 pounds, 4 ounces. Of course I will not be sad if I am way off and she comes a lot earlier!!!

Unknown said...

October 23rd- that is the BEST day of the year! I'm going to guess 7 pounds, 11 ounces. How much (money) is in the pool? j/k

WareHouse said...

I know you aren't going to like my date-because it falls in the month of November-but I am going to guess Nov. 7th and the weight 7 lbs 8 oz. Hope I am not right with the date. We will hope for Oct!
-Chels

ls said...

Hi Krisla,

I went almost a week overdue with my little guy, and it actually was a blessing-- he was SO ready to come that my labor went exceedingly fast and furious. He was out by the time I had pushed through 7 contractions.

So, in that vein, I put my guess in for November 6th. And I think she will weigh 7 lbs. 4 oz. and have a hankering for much older, bearded men.

Heather said...

Kristi!

Hi! I was going to guess November 11th because that is my birthday, but I don't want to reap the consquences. :) Instead I will guess November 3rd beccause 3 is my lucky number. My guess for weight is 7 pounds 7.5 ounces.

Anonymous said...

Kristi-
If there's a will - there's a way! Make this happen November 2nd - Its a Friday...Perfect for visitors to come throughout the weekend! Yay! My theory on weight stems from previous family/friends: Small girls have big babies! Sorry Kristi, but you fall under that category - 8 pounds 6 oz is my guess! Good luck girl! Love ya!

-Dixie

Anonymous said...

I am going with November 2nd as well. 2 is a Great number...Branden and any other Yankee fan will understand. With that being said I will go with 8 (another great number) pounds 2 ounces. How about I take it even a step further...Marina will arrive at 2:22 pm.

Mom (Allen) said...

Because first babies are notorios at taking their time to be born I'm going to be depressing and guess Nov. 8th and she'll weigh in at 7lbs. 7oz. I hope I'm wrong for your sake Kristi! Anxiously waiting...Grandma Allen

Laura McArthur said...

Mom McArthur said: I am thinking October 25 or November 4 at 6:48pm (about the time Kristi delivered)with a weight of 7 lbs 4 oz. I am hoping and praying for the 25th because then you can walk over and cheer Annie on when she comes in the next day to have hers and I know how badly you want to see that beautiful baby! Love ya- mom

Ross Co. said...

I'm going with Friday the 26th, since it has been our plan all along to be in the hospital at the same time. And since I seem to be nowhere close to having my baby, and that is my induction date, I want the company :)

Anonymous said...

Aunt Tiff says; For Kristi's sake I hope Marina is born in October, and soon. However we only have one November birthday on the "Allen" side so I will guess November 1. Of course Lexi would love to share her birthday with her little cousin ( Nov. 6th) Let Marina be a perfect size 7lbs 4oz. Not too small, not too big. Good luck Kristi!

Anonymous said...

Cousin Kylie guesses Nov. 3rd.

Anonymous said...

Sexy brother says...
The baby will be born November 7th, at 7 pounds and 7 ounces.
the reasoning behind this is simple, i can sense the blood of the wizards in marina as it is in me, and as seven is the most magical number this will be most fitting. i also plan on turning marina into one of my own seven horcruxes

Anonymous said...

The really true delivery day and time will be Saturday, November 3, between the hours of 12:40 and 7:03 pm.

Grandpa McArthur

Anonymous said...

My guess for baby is Halloween, 6:66 and she will weigh 6 pounds 6 ounces h aah ha ha ha ha aha ha but seriously thats my guess and you guys will have the same birthday!!!

Megan G said...

I also think she will be born Oct. 31, but 7 lbs, 13 oz.

Unknown said...

My guess is November 2nd and the weight is 8 pounds 2 ounces

annalisa said...

November 9, 7 lbs 4 oz.

Anonymous said...

My guess is you will deliver on November 2.

I am so grateful that you are having this grand adventure...pregnancy, motherhood, parenthood etc. It is such as vast opportunity to learn, give, grow and receive. I love being a mother, a grandmother and very soon, a great grandmother.
Love you so very much, Grandmamaw

Anonymous said...

I think that the baby will be born on Nov. 4 at 12:01 A.M.

Dave Mc said...

November 6, noon:01, 8 lbs.

Anonymous said...

love to play wit those tits, feel yourclit and finger your wetpussy while I cumin your arse mum