Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Disease

Those who know me best know that I have a crazy disease. It is actually hereditary- I got it from my Grandpa McArthur, but it skipped my dad. My disease is that I am addicted to architecture/construction/design. When I was younger I was satisfied to be constantly drawing up new floorplans. Unfortunately, now that I am older I am more compelled to act on my urges. In the last year and a half I have decided to move at least seven times. My friends think I am the girl who cried wolf, because I always say I am moving, but I never actually do.

Well today I took a big step! We put our house up for sale! I am going to miss our house because I have put a lot of work into it. You would think that since we bought a brand new house it wouldn't need any changing, but I have made many changes ranging from paint to flooring to finishing the basement. I have a very patient husband. Here are a few shots of our first home. And by the way, if you know anyone looking for a darling home in Herriman (4 bedrooms, 3-1/2 baths) please send them my way.








So goodbye dear old (newish) house. We love you, but we are moving on to a new adventure...

I have found a lot that I am absolutely infatuated with. It is just down the street from where we live now, so we won't have to make new friends :) It is a walk-out lot with gorgeous views. So, I drafted up some new plans (probably my 20th design) and met with an architectural draftsman. The plans should be done this week and we will put an offer on the lot as soon as our house sells!

Hopefully acting as designer and general contractor on my own home will cure my disease... at least for a couple of years.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

I was sooo mad when I first read this that you were moving...but now I am so happy! Does this mean you are now part of the cool new Legacy Creek ward?

Anonymous said...

I want it...how much?

Ross Co. said...

YAY!!! As previously mentioned, I am a huge supporter of you moving! I'm happy to kidnap you into our new ward! The closer to me the better!

Kristi said...

A sad note to our friends from the split ward- we were told that the new lot would be in the new ward, but ward boundaries show that we will actually be in a completely different one. We are not happy about that, but still excited for the new house.

MegiJones said...

What a darling house!! If we were moving to UT, I'd be interested! Good luck with everything...

Ashley said...

Sad for us, but great for you guys!

Melinda said...

I am sure they will split the ward again and one day you will be in my ward. Now that I know where you are building I am excited. You will be really close!!

RaCHeL said...

I think you're right. :) We sure did crazy things to keep us entertained. I would love to watch those videos! That would be so fun. Your house is darling. That's exciting to have a new place though. :)

annalisa said...

Last week Brett says to me "you didn't tell me all the gossip from book club. You didn't tell me Kristi listed her house." I'd think he were reading blogs, but I'm sure the mls is more likely. He's been trying to figure which lot you're looking at. Good luck selling the house!