Monday, September 17, 2007

TOP TEN

These are my top ten things NOT to say to a pregnant woman, no matter how far along you think she is. Unfortunately, all of these comments have been made to me, some as far back as two months ago.

10. It's no fair, I am farther along and you still look much bigger than me.

9. Wow. You've gotten big.

8. You look fantastic... you're due any day now, right? (This was when I was six months along)

7. My daughter is about to deliver and she looks much smaller than you do.

6. You're not due until November? No way!

5. You look like you're about ready to pop!

4. Looks like you're about due! (at 32 weeks)

3. You look huge... and I mean that as a compliment. (How is that ever a compliment)

2. Are you sure you're not carrying twins?

1. That's ok, I craved ice cream when I was pregnant too. (This one was from the check-out girl at the grocery store. I was buying two gallons of ice cream at ten in the morning... for a work function. Not myself!!!!)

The moral of the story is... just like you should never assume that someone is pregnant until you know for sure, never ever assume that someone is about to deliver. Also, even when we are pregnant, women still do not like to hear how huge we are.

No comments: